Nice idea, but unworkable in D-Star due to the fact that it's a single carrier
system.

If you take a real trunked system like MPT1327, trunked P25 or TETRA, then
there multiple carriers per site (or timeslots in the case of TETRA) to allow
multiple calls.

In D-Star, there can only be one session at a time per repeater.

You would need some contention system to handle multiple users.

For example, if the repeater you appeared on was linked to D-Plus, would you
unlink it ?  When  would you re-link ?  What if a QSO was in progress ?

Don't get me wrong - I like the idea.  But D-Star uses the wrong radio access
method to make it work.

David