--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "W5EAK" <w5...@...> wrote:

> I am new to D-Star, still learning about all the features.
>
> I have been using APRS for many years and my family really enjoys
> the ability to go to http://www.aprs.fi to follow our travels.
>
> Is there a web site where we can follow D-Star users?
>
> 73,
> Rex
> W5EAK
> Vicki
> K5VLK

Hi Rex & Vicki,

D-Star in the USA does not have an APRS frequency. It DOES HAVE something
called DPRS which is associated with D-Star Repeaters but, since D-Star Radios
also work in regular FM Mode, there is nothing to stop you from using APRS as
you do now.

When you are in Range of a D-Star Repeater, and you have your D-Star radio set
up to communicate with THAT repeater, then your position will be seen on
APRS.FI if you tell your radio to send it.

Hope this helps.

73
Hank-KI4UMX