This is one line from the  aprs.fi website with my call:

ast path:       N0XIA>APDPRS via DSTAR*,qAR,KJ4MMC-C (good)

You can see "DPRS via DSTAR" so you know it is from a D-STAR gateway, which is
the KJ4MMC repeater-gateway. The one thing I would like to mention is that DPRS
is not like analog aprs. Aprs configured radios are beaconing all the time on a
simplex frequency. DPRS is coming from the radio on a repeater-gateway
connection that is also handling the voice part, so you cannot run a beacon.
Digital users will only send coordinates when actually talking  on the radio.
To enable the beacon has the potential to disrupt qso's in progress or to have
fellow hams listen to their radios receiver opening and closing all the time
when no one is talking (can be annoying). If you want to be seen all the time,
you can still have a digital radio, but use the analog side of it on the aprs
simplex frequency with a Tracker or similar device. I don't need to be seen all
the time, so using PTT to send coordinates on my radio is good enough for me
when I am actually talking.

73's

James, N0XIA