I'm new to D-Star but have been using a Kenwood TM-D710 and TM-D700 for APRS
for a while.  With the Kenwood radios I have used the Byonics GPS2 GPS units
with the cable supplied by Byonics (2.5 mm on the radio end to a 9 pin
serial plug on the GPS end).  I can't tell for sure because the 880 manual
does not show the diagram for the data port, but the cable that I use for
the Kenwoods appears that it may work with the 880.  When I hooked the GPS
unit to the 880 I did not get any indication that it is working.  This could
be user error, but I thought I would ask the list if any of you have had
experience using the Byonics GPS2 with the 880H with the cables supplied by
Byonics (they do not have a cable specifically for the 880).

Thanks and 73,

Bill

AB4BJ