> If you are installing a D*Star repeater stack (2m 440cm modules) can you
> use a single dual band antenna for both modules or do you need separate
> antennas for every module in the stack?

That somewhat depends on your preferences. If you are seeking
decent performance then I would suggest not trying to combine
them, but keep in mind that I would also suggest that you not use
a Comet or Diamond antenna on a repeater. As long as you
have the proper equipment to combine the signals there is no
rule that says you can't do it, but I would warn you to that unless
you are using gear designed specifically for the purpose of a
repeater connected to a single TX/RX antenna system using two
different bands you are going to have trouble. Take note of things
like ham bands are all harmonics of each other and those little
$60 "duplexers" are not designed to handle two 25W transmitters
on two different bands operating at the same time.

I think you will find this to be the sentiment of every repeater builder
who has been around for the long run. None of them will tell you it
won't work, as we have all had to scab something together in an
emergency, but long term it is just grief.

Dan Thompson
d...@waycom.com