Bob,

All good advice, however I would like to add that there
are a number of  duplexers out there that do both pass
and reject such as TX/RX and Wacom (both the same
company now I believe) and there are some other ones
as well. I like the TX/RX vari-notch design where all
cans in the duplexer have Pass/Reject capabilities.

Another way to deal with this is to use seperate antennas
at different heights on the tower. Vertical seperation gives
an amazing amount of isolation. Right now we are running
VHF and UHF on a combiner/multicoupler with 4 antennas
involved, and of course we are sharing that with several
other systems as well. For 1296 there is a single antenna
and soon we will see the arrival of our Triplexer from
TX/RX that is a cross between a duplexer and combiner
that allows both the Data & Voice modules for 1296
to operate on one antenna.

Dan Thompson
d...@waycom.com