> I just KNEW there'd be a skeptic in the crowd!

Oh, I'm not a skeptic, but you are comparing apples to oranges completely
sujectively.  You are not even weighing them or measuring their volume, but
even if you did, the key variable is taste, and that is pretty subjective.
Your report of 10 per-cent better could just as easily have been 50 per-cent
better because there is no objectivity, nothing you - or anyone else - can
actually physically measure.

My sujective assessment from experience is that "comparable" analog and digital
systems perform "about the same". I can objectively compare analog systems
using SINAD, and I can objectively compare digital systems using BER.  There is
just no standard for objectively comparing analog and digital systems against
each other.

73--John