At 04:30 PM 6/1/2010, ae5pl wrote:
>  Per my prior post: the 8th character is considered an ID character.
> Within the current confines of the Icom gateway software, that character
> can be a space or A through Z. Program each radio with an unique ID
> character and you are good to go. If you intend to use a gateway, be sure
> to log into your registration page and register each ID you select.
>
>Hope this helps.
>73,
>Pete AE5PL

Hi, Pete (and the group),

Is the 8th position ID character included in call sign routing to
individuals? If I have KN4AQ and KN4AQ^^A both registered (which I do, with
^ meaning the space character), are they treated totally separately?

For example:

KN4AQ used Repeater A, then sat there monitoring.

An hour later KN4AQ^^A used Repeater B, then continued to monitor.

Another hour later, someone on a distant repeater attempts call sign
routing to KN4AQ. Would that call be routed to Repeater A or Repeater B?

Sorry for appearing pedantic about it, but I'm looking for crystal clarity!

73,
Gary KN4AQ