Jim, just received your reply, thank you very much and excuse me for
forgetting the call, I'm N2VU

73's

-----Original Message-----
From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of J. Moen
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 5:28 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Are you exprerencing anti d-star in your area?

Donald (no call given) wrote: "I'd love to hear and learn more about getting
governments grant(s) for D-Star."

I've heard a lot about how the coordinated approach being done in Georgia.
See the article titled "Georgia D-STAR Receives Grant to Cover State!" at

http://www.dstarinf
<http://www.dstarinfo.com/newsletter/D-STAR%20Info%20Vol%201%20Issue%203%20(
1.0)%20Online.pdf>
o.com/newsletter/D-STAR%20Info%20Vol%201%20Issue%203%20(1.0)%20Online.pdf
-- to quote:

"The Georgia Department of Homeland Security/Georgia Emergency Management
Agency has allocated $165,000 in Federal funding to build the Georgia
Emergency Digital Network. The network will consist of
nine fully equipped D-STAR repeaters providing near statewide digital voice
and data coverage on Amateur Radio. Two of the D-STAR repeaters are already
in operation at Pembroke, Georgia near Savannah
and atop Stone Mountain in the Atlanta metro area."

What's neat about the Georgia plan is permission to put antennas on 9 public
television towers.  Really some amazing organizing and planning going on
there.

Also take a look at http://www.arrl- <http://www.arrl-mi.org/?q=node/125>
mi.org/?q=node/125  "A Discussion About Michigan Repeaters and D-STAR By Ray
Abraczinskas, W8HVG"  -- quoting:

"In April 2008, a Michigan Region One Homeland Security grant provided
funding to purchase D-Star repeaters, antennas, feed line, duplexers,
gateway hardware, and radios for deployment in the 9 counties with the
Region One borders."

There's more.  I just Binged "d-Star repeaters  homeland security".

  Jim - K6JM