At 07:18 AM 7/13/2010, you wrote:

>My two Cents on the D-star Drama.  The problem here is not the
>technology itself.  The problem with Dstar is that radios are so
>expensive. On one hand you have ham clubs that can dishout the money to

That's a matter of opinion.  I considered the D-STAR radios to be
reasonable value, considering you're buying into new
technology.  There are also semi home brew options.  A DV Dongle and
the "D-STAR client" software can be used with an existing 9600bps
capable radio, which is about the cheapest option for setting up a
home station.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com