Some respond to the challenge of acquiring the "knowledge required" to
accomplish a remarkable feat of great distance and low power on HF...

Others like it handed to them effortlessly with fidelity....

Which side one agrees with is a personal issue.

Some say "real men" use their heads and learn to achieve on their own
without the net - then they take great pride in the resulting
accomplishment.    The endorphins released are addicting to those.

Others enjoy jumping on the "new tech" - sit back and relax -  approach....

For me the excitement in D-Star resides in the improvement in DX mobile
communications.

In even the very best situation D-Star will NEVER reflect the magnitude of
personal accomplishment seen on HF SSB in "real radio" relying on RF and
knowledge...

I got a QSL card today from Europe via D-Star...   OK...  But of what value
is the signal report and distance?

Just different ....    Little more.

Thanks.Joe / W8SS / Mesh Engineering / Trustee & Sysop on D-Star for K8LCD
AKA: Dr. Joe Mesh, D.M.D., C.A.G.S. (Prosthodontics)
from beautiful downtown HELL, Michigan
Always available at:   i...@drsmesh.com
See us on the web at:

W8SS, W8SSS & K8LCD all on QRZ.com and at drsmesh.com