I'm on my phone so I'm not going to write much, but the first glaring bug is
that your return probes are not predicated on the entry probe firing first. It
is therefore possible that you are enabling probes whilst some process is in
rmdir, unlink or rename, so that you see the return but not the entry. This is
a common mistake for the DTrace novice.

You return probe predicates should be:

/ self->file /
or
/ self->file && ...... /

Check out the DTrace Toolkit and reference manual for examples of how it's done.

Phil

http://harmanholistix.com