I was looking to analyse mutiple threads from different processes, especially
the locking mechanism.

My targte is to find out:

1. Which thread is waiting for mutex?
2. Which thread is holding the mutex?

Does lockstat::mutex_enter:* would work?

Here, one point to remember is that participating threads are from different
processes.

I have found some documentation in
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/DTrace_Topics_Locks but could
not find how to
capture Conditional variables. I have the following in my system:

# dtrace -lP  lockstat
   ID   PROVIDER            MODULE                          FUNCTION NAME
44083   lockstat           genunix                       mutex_enter
adaptive-acquire
44084   lockstat           genunix                       mutex_enter
adaptive-block
44085   lockstat           genunix                       mutex_enter
adaptive-spin
44086   lockstat           genunix                        mutex_exit
adaptive-release
44087   lockstat           genunix                     mutex_destroy
adaptive-release
44088   lockstat           genunix                    mutex_tryenter
adaptive-acquire
44089   lockstat           genunix                          lock_set
spin-acquire
44090   lockstat           genunix                          lock_set spin-spin
44091   lockstat           genunix                      lock_set_spl
spin-acquire
44092   lockstat           genunix                      lock_set_spl spin-spin
44093   lockstat           genunix                          lock_try
spin-acquire
44094   lockstat           genunix                        lock_clear
spin-release
44095   lockstat           genunix                   lock_clear_splx
spin-release
44096   lockstat           genunix                      CLOCK_UNLOCK
spin-release
44097   lockstat           genunix                          rw_enter rw-acquire
44098   lockstat           genunix                          rw_enter rw-block
44099   lockstat           genunix                           rw_exit rw-release
44100   lockstat           genunix                       rw_tryenter rw-acquire
44101   lockstat           genunix                     rw_tryupgrade rw-upgrade
44102   lockstat           genunix                      rw_downgrade
rw-downgrade
44103   lockstat           genunix                       thread_lock thread-spin
44104   lockstat           genunix                  thread_lock_high thread-spin

Regards
Sudip