Von: Martin Schneider <martin.schnei...@iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. September 2021 09:37
An: DuMux User Mailing List <dumux@listserv.uni-stuttgart.de>; Alexander
Sebastian Hogeweg <alexander.sebastian.hoge...@tu-clausthal.de>
Betreff: Re: [DuMux] Heterogeneous cornerpoint grid - Pressure drop/increase in
scattered cells

Dear Sebastian,

for CP-grids it might happen that the centroid is located out of the cell such
that the currently implemented
transmissibility calculation yields negative values.

Did you check if all the transmissibility calculated with the functions in the
following header
https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/-/blob/master/dumux/discretization/cellcentered/tpfa/computetransmissibility.hh
are positive?

I guess you will observe negative values. There are two solutions to overcome
this
1. Try to use another cell center instead of the centroid.
2. Try to use the absolute value of the transmissibility (corresponds to
switching the normal vector of the corresponding face)

I hope this solves your problem.

Best regards,
Martin