The root cause is that FedEx is sloppy in delivery. I worked for a very large foreign
vehicle manufacture with representation here in the U.S. Our competitor was BMW. We
did a yearly quality concern report about our vehicles sold in the U.S.  This report
was ‘need to know’ only. I shipped it to the headquarters in Germany. Guess where it
was delivered? BMW headquarters. They called and informed us that they had received
the report in error and would send it by courier (after copying it). All of our bullet
points were addressed in their advertising three months later. FedEx’s response to
this was ”Well you did get it, didn't you?”

J.E.