>At 5:52 PM -0400 9/5/01, Tom & Lisa P wrote:
>>I ran two iterations of battery amnesia for 1/2 hour.  The average
>>temp registered by the thermocouple at that time was ~52 C.
>>
>>Now, under the exact same conditions, but using a new heat pad
>>replacing the apple heat pad, I ran 2 more of the same tests.
>>
>>This time, the average temperature was ~57 C.
>>
>>Now, I take this to mean that the new heat pad is better at
>>conducting heat to the heat sink.  I have already talked to another
>>engineer, but he isnt sure my interpretation is correct.
>
>       When you replaced the hatpad, the temperature increased 5 degrees,
>and you think it's working BETTER?!!!  Your logic escapes me completely,
>unless it's a typo.
>Paul

The temperature of the thermocouple, which was on _top_ of the
heatsink got hotter.  Dont trust the CPU temperature readings that
several utilities give you.

If the heatsink is getting hotter, and the total amount of energy put
out by the CPU is constant, then it stands to reason (so I say) that
means the CPU is cooler.

Mad Dog