Even if the energy output is the same or constant, if the hink sink is less eff. than
it will require a higher temperature or difference between its temperature and the
surrounding air temperature (larger delta) to transfer same amount of energy. If the
heat sink temperature is higher so is the CPU temperature - the heat sink only is
there to improve the heat transfer ability over the "bare" CPU -ie smaller delta.