I have been following XPostFacto since its inception.  Support is claimed
for the 2400 and there are lots of screenshots from Japanese based sites
for those Macs successfully running it....With domestic RAM limits on 80
meg, unless you can just do X without 9 (ie Classic), there is no way to
accomodate X with any sort of decent performance on the 603.  With slightly
better performance with the G3 upgrades.  There is a 96 meg module
available from Japan, but it is WAY expensive.  That would bring a 2400 to
128 megs...Still light for X.  Again, there are Japanese sites out there
that are trying hard to get around that by removing the built in 32 megs of
RAM on the 2400's LB and going larger with soldering.

XPF will support the 6500?  I will have to check the website.  Unless that
LB is radically different than the 6360 or 6400, the RAM controllers will
not address more than 64 megs per slot at two slots.  Right now I am
grooming a 7600 for X just for the helluvit.

Scott