> Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm looking for a good 2400c -- either
> with
> the Interware G3 or a good 2400c and a separate Interware G3.
Wouldn't we all? Not likely. If there is one for sale you'll probably hear
about it here first. Also check http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/ from
time to time. Actually there is a very good deal up there right now for a
400mhz for $1000! Ebay, of course.
>I'm also
> looking
> for batteries.
No deals here, available from a few sources "new" for usually around $275,
but we are all saitint with baited breath here on the list for development
news on a new 4 hr. one.
> If it hasn't been done already, I'll max out the ram with one of the 96 meg
> cards (still in existence?) and put in a bigger harddrive.
Rare, about $350, fellow lister Bill Fox being the only source in the US I
know of. 64MB chips are readily available.

> Can anyone advise on which OS to use?
8.6 or 9.1.
>Its pretty complicated.
Heck No!
>Which will run
> reliably on the 2400c (with and without the G3 upgrade)?
Anything from 7.6 to 9.1. Also up to 9.2.2 with a hack. Some folks are
running OSX but how useful it can be with only 80Mb of ram is the question.

> Sorry, a lot of these questions seem very basic.  Please bear with me.
No problem. That's what these lists are for.

Andy