On Jun 16, 2004, at 10:21 AM, Ivan Drucker wrote:

In my experience, inserting a USB (or any other Cardbus) card into a non-
enabled 2400 caused almost immediate instability, freezing, and crashing.
With the Cardbus enabling by MCE or otherwise, the card will appear on
the desktop predictably and the machine will carry on as usual. If your
card is appearing properly on the desktop and isn't interfering with your
machine, but devices aren't being recognized, then it's probably a matter
of getting the right drivers, and it's been too long since I've done with
it to remember what you need -- but your Cardbus upgrade is working.

I found this to be true in OS 9.1. Once I downgraded to OS 8.6 and installed the correct USB & FireWire software from Apple, my Comet is stable as bedrock.

-- Greg G [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------- Duo/2400 List, The friendliest place on the Net! A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables. FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml> Be sure to visit Mac2400! <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>

RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts ][ <http://www.midwestmac.com> After-market parts for Macs. ][ 888-356-1104 ][

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>