Hi!

Bastian Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 30 July 2007, Michael Riepe wrote:
>
>>DVB material uses MPEG-2 container formats (PS/TS) exclusively.
>

> while this may be true for a while for most of us, it will not stay that way.
> HDTV is on it's way, and even though Blu-Ray or HD-DVD players or recorders
> are not yet very common, it should be kept in mind that HDTV recording
> already is possible with regular DVB-C cards; DVB-S2 cards are becoming more
> and more popular.

As far as I know, HDTV still uses MPEG-2 transport streams. It's just
the video stream that is different.

> You might want to consider that cutting HD recordings (in H.264) will become
> more and more important in the future; trying to keep DVBCut in a state that
> keeps it open for later addition of new/other codecs would be great.

"trying to keep"? Good joke; that should read "trying to bring".

> Yes, I am aware of the fact that today's common PC hardware will probably not
> be sufficient for reasonable processing of H.264 streams... :-/

Since we don't need to process the streams picture-by-picture (and not
in real time either), that's probably not going to be a problem.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>