From: N7MAL
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:28 PM
Subject: [DX-NEWS] Xpedition Recommendations

I would like to make the following 2 xpedition recommendations:
Number One:
All National and International Amateur Radio Regulatory authorities immediately ban the use of the words UP & LID during any Amateur Radio transmissions. Those 2 words need to be given the classification of the ultimate in profanity.
Number Two:
The ARRL immediately no longer should consider any xpeditions for DXCC or any other credit. I have been at this for roughly 50 years and this 3YØX xpedition has topped them all for BØZØ and MØRØN activities. It gets worse and worse with every xpedition. It is no longer a handful of guys trying to disrupt, it is a dozen(or more) per band. I've heard comments, and combinations of profane comments, I don't remember hearing even  when I was in the Army. The guys who are doing this are not in a vacuum, we are not doing any policing, but instead good/nice guys are being 'sucked' into the fray.

This xpedition also helped amplify some of the problems. Yes they did a 'bang-up' job, and yes they did it under horrible, grueling,  conditions. But, they also added to the 'on-the-air' problems by wasting hours upon hours on 160, 80, & 40 trying to work Europe after 0700Z when all of Europe is in bright sunlight. My special all-time favorite is the expedition trying to work CW during the ARRL CW contest.
73

c.c. N1DG 3YØX Pilot

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia