The remark about a guy wanting hams to pay for his vacation via DXpedition donations, brings me to a comment I have thot abt for a long time: Today, much of DXpeditioning is only for the rich... rich enuf to finance the trip, and enuf to be off work (or retired) for the duration. That is a sad situation because I have encountered several possible "wanted entity" DXpeditions that could not happen because the key person(s) could not afford to spend personal funds to make the trip.

So, much as I dislike funding someone's vacation, there is often a difference and I fully understand that some of us hams are in a vy gud position (via contacts or location or whatever) to go to some highly wanted entities, but simply lack the funds to do so. I know that I feel somewhat ashamed to ask for donations, loaner gear and other help for my DXpeditions, but it is do that or not activate the entity..

I do not know the answer but hope a small discussion about this matter can bring out some good ideas. tnx and 73

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]