I see.

Sir, I do not know who you are, as you have not signed a call and are using
a somewhat generic email address to hide your identity.  So I have no way of
knowing whether or not your claims are accurate.

Regardless.  You have asked me to "withdraw" my statement which read as
follows:

>> (2)  The 7O1YGF team has never submitted ANY documentation to the DXCC
desk
>> to have the operation approved for DXCC credit.  Just some photos that
were
>> given to N7NG at Friedrichshafen.

This comment is based on published amateur radio news reports circa 2002.
If anything has changed in the last five years, it has not been published.

Now:  In reviewing the information, I do find that I made a small error in
that statement.  I should not have stated that no "documentation" was ever
submitted, but that no "official documenation from the government" was
submitted (for reference see http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2002/08/15/2).
I had thought that was implicit within the context of the discussion and had
not intended it to be perceived otherwise.  I apologize for the error as it
was unintentional.

Therefore, please consider my point amended to read as follows:

(2)  As far as is publicly known, the 7O1YGF team has never submitted ANY
official documenation from the Yemen government to the ARRL DXCC Desk.
Without official documenation, the operation (as per DXCC Rules) can not be
approved for DXCC credit.  Further, the last reports of any submission of
material regards photographs and possibly other non-government documentation
that were given to N7NG at Friedrichshafen in 2002.

Having said that:

Hans, if you are who you imply that you are, and as a member of this
reflector have been following this discussion... can you help explain to the
DX community what the documentation holdup is?  I realize that this is a
complex situation, and thanks to a local DX'er, retired military, who served
in the Middle East at one time, I have a slight understanding of how
complicated the political situation can be.  So I am not asking you to
violate confidences, or reveal things that should not be revealed at this
time.  Still... surely there must be something that can be said to shed
light on the situation?

After all, you do seem upset that I (and others) are guessing.  Yes, we are
speculating based on what little we know and what little we can infer from
published reports.  Considering the number of DX'ers who are upset about the
situation, this is to be expected.  So what can you tell us that will clear
up the speculation?

73