So why would anyone want to buy IRCs at the "going rate" of $1.30, then get 84 cents at the post office?
Barry, W2UP

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wrote:
John,

I did a little checking after you email'd me last night, and there was also mention
of this in The Daily DX recently (although I'm on a break at work right now, so I
don't have my DDX archive handy & can't tell you which issue -- I'm sure Bernie
will if need be!).

Bottom line is that it appears that USPS regulations regarding IRC's were NOT
updated when the current large expire-this-year IRC's were issued -- and to
date still haven't.

So, it appears that to rely on being able to redeem current IRC's after 31
December is not wise.  I'd strongly suspect that USPS regulations may be
updated by that date.  If not, and if a sufficient number of expired IRC's are
redeemed (or attempted to be redeemed) after that date, USPS regulations will
be quickly updated.

In short:  Don't get caught holding the bag.  Assume that IRC's expire at the
end of the year and plan to use and/or redeem them accordingly beforehand!

73, ron wn3vaw