What I did with my 570 was to build a switch box for the audio. It also
houses the isolation transformers & attenuator. I can switch the mike back
& forth from directly to the rig, or through the sound card to the rig so
that when using the DVK features the processing is the same (no processing
on back panel connector) and it can switch my audio out from the sound card
to either the mike in or to the system speakers. It also has a 4 position
switch that allows me to switch instantly between 3 mikes. I use FSK rather
than AFSK for rtty, but of course use the mike input for PSK. Also has PTT
& FSK interface from COM port.

The main reason I did it this way was so that the DVK would use the front
panel mike input so that the processing would stay the same whether using
the mike or wave file input. Also makes it more portable to other rigs.