Hi Paul, John and others who replied to this SUBJECT
My comments are in CAPITALS

For the record the tests are done on a XP PRO computer with NTFS file system
fresh installed
last week and DX4W602. Some fine tuning of XP is required or should I say
needed !

> 1. Existing 6.02 problems (under Windows XP Home anyway)
> o PSK31 mouse double click still does not populate the QSO window fields
> properly (known bug)

> **** This has been reported previously, but typically for systems that
> upgraded to XP. On a number of XP systems this works as expected.
> Looks more like a MS upgrade issue to me at this time.

THE DOUBLE CLICK WORKS FOR EVERY POSSIBILITY , CALL - RST - NAME ETC.
100 % CORRECT.

> o If my packet, RTTY or rotator window fails to open (local problem with
USB
> ports and RF), the next time I open DX4WIN those windows are all over the
> place, not where they belong.  I have to re-set them.
> **** Have to check this

THIS I CAN STATE PAUL, WHEN FOR EXAMPLE YOUR RTTY (COM)PORT IS USED BY
ANOTHER
PROGRAM DX4WIN CAN'T OPEN THIS DEVICE, THIS IS NORMAL. CLOSING DOWN ALL
RUNNING APPLICATION AND RESTART DX4WIN RESETS YOUR RTTY WINDOW SETUP
ALL SETTINGS FOR RTTY IN PREFERENCES ARE STILL CORRECT BUT THE WINDOW POPS
UP LIKE YOU CONFIGURED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.
THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME

> o PF3 causes a large DOS box to appear before the callsign/lookup window
> appears when DX4WIN is opened with a shortcut.  Changing the Starting
folder
> does not help.  If DX4WIN is opened directly from the .exe file, no DOS
> window appears.  This problem has also been reported.
> *** And I have no clue what is causing this to be different. What
> data source are you using? Just wondering if other XP users see the same?

NEVER SAW THIS , ALSO DURING THE BETATESTS NEVER SAW ONE DOSBOX !
I WAS TESTING SIMULTANEOUS UNDER W98SE(FAT32) - WINDOWS 2000 PRO (NTFS) AND
ALSO XP PRO (NTFS) , LIKE I NOTICED BEFORE IT IS RELATED TO OS PROBLEMS,
MOST OF THE
PROBLEMS REPORTED BEFORE ARE UNDER XP HOME AND FAT32 , DX4W601 HAD THE
PROBLEM WITH NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND IS FIXED IN DX4W602.

> o Re above, if I set Automatic Update, a search begins on the first
> character typed with no delay, which ties things up for a while and
prevents me from completing typing the call
> *** On-line has a warning about this; bet you have the callsign update
option enabled.
by K2CIB

>In answer to PF3 and XP Home...yes, I am seeing the same. I use the
>RAC, saved to disk, and Golist. I have Callsign Update checked, and
Automatic
>Update checked. If I open DX4WIN from a shortcut, this dos window problem
>exists. If I open DX4WIN from the .exe file, rather than opening a dos
window,
>the opening and operating of a dos program shows up on the  taskbar, which
>isn't
>obtrusive. With options checked as they are above, with each letter of a
>callsign
>entered, the dos program pops up on the task bar, and then dissappears,
until
>the next letter of the callsign is typed in. My system was a XP upgrade,
but I
>recently changed harddrives, and loaded XP onto a clean drive, so not an
>upgrade anymore.
by W0DJC

I CAN STATE THE LOOKUP AFTER EVERY LETTER/FIGURE THAT IS TYPED IN
WHEN AUTOMATIC UPDATE IS CHECKED "BUT THIS WITHOUT ANY DELAY"
EVEN FROM MY 22 Mbps WIRELESS LAPTOP RUNNING W98SE (only 233 Mhz)
AND LOOKING UP RAC-DATA ON THIS COMPUTER ISN'T DELAYED EITHER.
NEVER SAW A DOSBOX APPEAR?

> 2. Wish List
> o Green-reverse spots when not confirmed even when the contact contributes
> to nothing (as discussed)
> *** Done for the next release

VERY NICE IMPROVEMENT

> o Revert the map to 5.03 where I could see a highlighted country much more
> clearly
> *** Not sure what has changed here; highlighted country is shown in Yellow
as was done in 5.03

PAUL THIS IS CORRECT BUT YOU SEE THIS WHEN IN FULL SCREEN MODE, SMALL
COUNTRIES
ARE NEARLY VISIBLE WHEN IT IS A SCALED WINDOW, MAYBE  BECAUSE IT IS NOT
HIGHEST YELLOW COLOR BUT RATHER A SOFT ONE, A SUGGESTION IS THAT OR YOU ADD
A BACKGROUND COLOR TO THE PREFIX LIKE YELLOW ON BLACK OR CHANGE THE
PREFIXCOLOR ON THE MAP IN RED INSTEAD OF BLACK, THIS WOULD CERTAINLY IMPROVE
THE VIEW ON THE MAP WHEN NOT IN FULL SCREEN.

> o Double click on RTTY fields to populate QSO fields
> *** In the planning stage; had more requests for this

THIS IMPROVEMENT I SUPPORT 1000 %

73 Guy ON4AOI

BAND DECODER and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/banddecoder.htm

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/dx4win.htm

DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at
http://www.on4aoi.be/keyer.htm

ARSWIN link and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/web7.htm

DXTELNET soft and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/dxt.htm

MY SALESPAGE with radioamateur & computer parts
http://www.on4aoi.be/sale.htm