Mel (et al),

Mel is absolutely correct - DX4WIN v6.02 keys pins 1 and 16 of the LPT port,
and similarly keys RTS and DTS on a com port. There is no bug; the program
behaves as described in the documentation. Since I am the guy who started
this multiple-email discussion {and claimed there was a bug -- my apologies
to those who really don't care about this topic}, I feel compelled to post
my solution.

The problem for many of us is that  version 5.03 included a com port
configuration feature allowing independent selection of ports for CW and PSK
keying. Many of us took advantage of that feature when designing the
complicated and delicate sets of interfaces between our radios, RibBlasters,
CI-V converters, antenna switch boxes, rotor controls, and computers.
Version 6.02 combined the CW and FSK keying into one configuration setting,
eliminated the independence feature, and thus our interfaces stopped
working.

I have studied the behavior differences between 5.03 and 6.02, and concluded
that the simplest (and cheapest) solution for me is to add a single 2 cent
diode to my serial card, and "diode sum" the DTS signals between com1 and
com2. This will allow me to use com1 for CW and FSK; and use com2 for my
RigBlaster - which controls MMTTY and other AFSK type software. The diode
will connect the DTR signal from PSK keying on com1 to the DTR line on
com2 - so the RigBlaster, which "thinks" it is sitting on com2, will be
keyed by the PSK key line on com1.

Thanks, Mel, for insisting that things were working properly, and forcing me
to look more deeply into my problem.

-larry
K8UT