From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Mon Feb 21 10:43:19 2005
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (wo2n)
Date: Mon Feb 21 10:54:39 2005
Subject: [Dx4win] Tail of Woe

HI,
Help!  Jim,  what the heck happened? I was closing out DX4win, then,
I feel  like its crashing??? ,yup, in slow motion, just a click away. What
an anticlimactic end to the ARRLDXCW contest. Well it started at the end of
the contest that is, I was logging using CT, a with DX4WIN running in
background adding  to my DX4win log as I picked up new band fills. So far so
good.
When I tried to exit DX4win a small window, I never seen before pops up and
asks "DO you want to Delete the log?" Now why would I want to do that? Why
is it even an option? Big Accident waiting to happen. Is it real? Your
kidding right? Nope>>>.
5 years a user I was never asked that. Maybe I did something with the
mouse???
So I choose neither YES or NO and  click the X on top right, but the window
is adamant and comes backup on top and asks again, I click the X top
right,again, the window is gone, so is my 18 years of log , Deleted anyway!
What the!><?*&^%$#.
So I close, reopen, and no LOG gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I use explorer, lucky I guess I did a altS a while back to save my window
position on screen about an hour ago, and  find the tilder log file in SAVE,
try to open no dice I have to assign a program to do that. Okay how about
DX4win? Yea, that works from explorer theirs my log. Okay back to DX4win
load it but NO log appears:( Make a long 1 hr story short, I open the tilder
log, & dx4win also loads the log is there, PHEW! So I save it , I tried
wo2nlog, after several tries to restore close open and my log is restored
:).
Now I'm late for diner, (bad thing) and I remain with in dxwin save a
wo2nlog with icon of L, document extension file,
and a  tilder wo2n file with the DX4WIN icon in front of it. I don't think
that was there before the icon in front?
Yea I have a 31/2 floppy, back up from yesterday, but it doesn't have the
NEW QSO logged, like 15 NEW one's on 160. Maybe DX4 should work like CT, and
back do an AUTO log backup every 15min to CD or floppy disk? A good option.
And why not?
PS: Do I have the right LOG files in save Directory?  I have the Lwo2n
dx4win document,   and a wo2n.    ~xl file?
It works .
Also where's that DELETE LOG button come from?  Very , VERY
 73, Bernie/WO2N.