> I don't think the 1000mp has such a switch.

... a slight oversight for Yaesu in an otherwise contest/digital/aggressive
user-friendly rig!  The IC-756PRO line has a manual jack on the back and a
keyer input jack on the front.  I happen to have an MFJ-492 Menu Memory
Keyer that I would sell for cheap if someone wants to "Y" an external keyer
with their manual input from the computer.  Between computer-sent CW and the
keyer in the rig, I just have no use for it anymore.  Email privately if
you're interested.  73