This might work for you.....

I have my 'summer 2005' cd data copied to my local hard drive, C:, and it
works. The catch is that all the CD call data is in a directory called
"callbk" (on the root of C). I copied only the contents of that directory
from the CD to the hard drive. I didn't copy the pictures sub-directory.

In DX4WIN setup, my data source is "QRZ CDRom", data directory is just "C:".
It seems to find it ok this way.

I could NOT get it working specifying another directory for the data on C:
drive, other than the "callbk".

To be clear, my QRZ data is located at C:/callbk/

73 Ernie W8EH

Dick Flanagan wrote:

> Perhaps someone on the reflector can explain to both of us how to get
> DX4WIN to utilize QRZ CDROM data that has been copied to a local disk
> directory.
>
> 73, Dick
> --
> Dick Flanagan K7VC NV SM
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks, Ernie.  I haven't tried it, but it makes perfect sense that
installing the QRZ CDROM data in the root directory of a local drive should
work.

Excellent work-around until a permanent correction can be released.  Thanks!

73, Dick