At 02:18 PM 1/15/2006, John Shaw wrote:

 >It has been this way for as long as I have been using DX4WIN, about 5
 >years.  If you read the manual it says what to do.  Hell I could work
 >this out.  Permanent fix?  How can you fix something that isn't broken.
 >IMHO

The 7.01 Help file states:

CDRom Drive
The drive letter of the CDRom drive or the data directory used for the
CDROM data. Some products allow you to copy the data to your hard disk,
freeing the CDROM. Examples:
E: when your CDROM is drive E
C:\RAC2000 when you copied your data directory to your hard disk.

The 7.01 User's Guide states:

Data Directory
Enter the drive path to where the CD ROM data can be found. When accessing
directly from a
CD ROM, only the CD ROM drive designation needs to be entered (D:\, E:\,
etc.) If the CD
ROM information database has been loaded directly onto the hard drive,
specify the complete
path to where this data can be found (C:\RAC2000, etc.)

I don't know what manual you have been using, John, but it seems to have
been more helpful to you than the above have been to me.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan K7VC NV SM
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]