Paul,

>2) To say that USB to serial converters can't be used is one thing,
>but telling me to hook it up, disable the config, reboot, then
>uninstall the converter...etc etc. This is not acceptable. I have
>written several protocols all over serial and never encountered
>anything like this.

My explanation is not understood very well Paul, maybe because my English
Is poor.

1. I had the same problem when winkey via USB to serial converter(GEMBIRD)
   Was unplugged (= not connected to the computer)
2. I had the same problem when winkey via USB to serial was connected to
   another usb port entry (= auto new or other comport number)
3. I had the same problem when winkey was NOT connected (unplugged)
   to a real comport (PCI) where it was setup in dx4win (com1 to com8)
4. It works very well with my USB-SERIAL converter from Gembird,
   SO NO NEED TO UNINSTALL THE CONVERTER ????

Never said that USB to SERIAL can't be used ( I use several here from
GEMBIRD and they can handle every signal you need , can't be said of all
Other brands on the market)

5. If you need to move it to another comport WINKEY should first be disabled
or unselected or not in use (whatever you call it)in DX4WIN configuration

Restart the program and then you can connect winkey via serial or usb>serial
to another port and reselect that comport in dx4win and it will work

73 Guy ON4AOI

BAND DECODER and related stuff at

http://www.on4aoi.be/banddecoder.htm

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at

http://www.on4aoi.be/dx4win.htm

DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at

 http://www.on4aoi.be/keyer.htm

ARSWIN link and related stuff at

http://www.on4aoi.be/web7.htm

DXTELNET soft and related stuff at