From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of K2DBK - David
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 18:43
To: Robert Naumann
Cc: 'DX4WIN Reflector'
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] Grid format question in packet comment fields

It just seems like there are a lot of folks who do spot constantly (I can't
tell you how many spots for N0LL/B I've seen over the last couple of weeks)
and it gets to the point where I hear so much that I ignore things. (As I'm
writing this, it's a perfect example; 6m seems to have a somewhat widespread
opening, but about every 5th spot is a beacon, most of which have already
been spotted, from the same grid, multiple times.)

On the other hand, when the band isn't known to be open, I do want to hear
them, which is why I'd asked for the ability to make it optional.

Maybe a better capability would be a bit more flexibility as to when to
audibly announce something, instead of the current system, where, for
instance, a spot would still show in the spot window but wouldn't be
announced if it met certain criteria. (e.g., if you're a DX hunter, any spot
with /MM isn't going to help, so you might not want those).

73,
         David, K2DBK