From: K2DBK - David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Robert Naumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: DX4WIN Reflector <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:42:53 AM
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] Grid format question in packet comment fields

It just seems like there are a lot of folks who do spot constantly (I
can't tell you how many spots for N0LL/B I've seen over the last
couple of weeks) and it gets to the point where I hear so much that I
ignore things. (As I'm writing this, it's a perfect example; 6m seems
to have a somewhat widespread opening, but about every 5th spot is a
beacon, most of which have already been spotted, from the same grid,
multiple times.)

On the other hand, when the band isn't known to be open, I do want to
hear them, which is why I'd asked for the ability to make it optional.

Maybe a better capability would be a bit more flexibility as to when
to audibly announce something, instead of the current system, where,
for instance, a spot would still show in the spot window but wouldn't
be announced if it met certain criteria. (e.g., if you're a DX
hunter, any spot with /MM isn't going to help, so you might not want those).

73,
        David, K2DBK