Hi Bill,

  Sorry for your pain :-)

  Let's call your two logs "old" and "new".

 1)  Open up the OLD log.
 2) Click Window -> Logbook
 3) Right-click and click "Select Report'
 4) Click the Down-arrow under "Report format" and select "All Fields"
 5) Sort index defaults to Date.  If you change it, make SURE you change it the
same way when you do this process for your "new" log.
 6) Click OK
 7) Right-click and select "Write to file".
 8) Select a directory where you want the "old.csv" file created.
 9) Fill in "old.csv" as the file name.
10) Click SAVE.

11) Open up the NEW log
12) Repeat steps 2 - 10 but change any references from "old" to "new"

13) At this point you have two "flat" files (no special formatting) that, in
theory, can be compared.  There are various programs out there that will
compare two "flat" files and show differences.  One that comes with Windows is
called fc (File Compare).
14) To use fc, try "fc old.csv new.csv > diffs".  This creates a file (diffs)
with the differences which you can view with a editor (Notepad, WordPad, etc)
and, hopefully, be able to tell which records/QSOs have differences.  If diffs
says something about "files are too different" then the diffs file will likely
not do you much good :-(  In this case let me know.

Let me know if this gives you what you want.

If not, let me know.  I have other programs I have written that i could run
your logs thru and give you back the results.

What version of DX4WIN are you running?

Good luck,
Lee  N7NU

P.S.  Hope that helps.  If I didn't make any part clear, please let me know and
I'll try harder :-)