Bill,

I have also exported the two files in ADIF format and then used Excel to compare the two. Very ease to open both files in Excel. You can then resize the windows and reposition them side by side. You can then scroll down and compare both. I had to do this a couple of times when Lotw dropped a QSO with a bug they were having. I had over 25,000 Q's to compare, but found the missing one in just a few minutes. But a file comparison utility would work fine too.

Dave, N4QS

----- Original Message ----- From: "AC0W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "DX4WIN" <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:37 PM
Subject: [Dx4win] Comparing Log Files

Does anyone have solution for comparing 2 DX4WIN log files to find entries
that are different?

Short version of the story. Somewhere along the line a lot of the state data
was deleted from many of my U.S. entries. By the time I discovered it was
too late to go back and use one of the back up files as they all had the
same change. Plus I also have added many more entries between when the
incident occurred and when I discovered it.

Up until now I had been manually going through each log entry to correct.
However, last night I found an older log file that is still intact with all the correct state data. Now if I can just find some way to compare the files
and make notes of the differences it would help speed up the process of
fixing the file.

Thanks,
Bill
AC0W