As i mentioned in another e-mail, I really like the way DX4Win handles
spots... but I do have a few quibbles.

We presently have to choice of flagging a new DXCC either when we have
never worked it... pretty rare for me nowadays... or we have never
confirmed it... I have lots of those.

It would be nice if, at a glance, we could differentiate. New DXCC and
unconfirmed new DXCC and do away with the check-box in preferences.
Could we use priority 0 for never worked DXCC spots?

Grey spots... the trouble is there are different kinds of grey spots
that D4W treats the same... and I don't want to.

If the spot is for a band or mode I do not or can not operate I never
want to see it... Grey minus... lowest possible priority... or hide them
completely.

If the spot is outside spotter geographic region I am filtering on... I
usually don't want to see them.... especially if the spotting network is
busy. However, if the band is quiet, such as early morning, I do like to
monitor all spots. These are the real grey spots. Priority 10. (Not 9...
I need room for a new level).

If you have worked a station before D4W flags them as grey spots. The
logic is obvious, you don't work a station twice for an award especially
if it's a DXpedition. However I'm not convinced this is correct. Even if
you don't need a station, on a particular band for example, it is useful
to see a spot for a needed award/band/mode regardless of where they are
operating. For example if you need VP8DLM on 40 but have worked him on
20. If you see him on 20, you know he IS active and he IS NOT on 40.
This is of interest! This should be one level above black spots..
Priority 8... black spots pri 9.

As I do switch grey spots on and off, there should be a quicker way to
turn them on and off. Maybe a right mouse click option.

Grey spots may update a higher priority spot, but should not change the
priority. IE if grey spots are on and a European station sends a spot
(assuming we are in NA) for a needed country... it should not assume the
"grey spot" priority (unless it's older than 60 min)... because the
station is being heard in the filtered region.