You can work around it, if you use the UP arrow to change the mode.  The
modes that you have enabled in the program are in the list FIRST,
followed by the disabled modes.  I realize it's not an ideal solution.

I can see the downside to what you're suggesting, however.  Say you try
to log a QSO on a non-enabled band or mode.  Now you can't log it
without changing your preferences.  I can see how it's easy to lose such
a QSO in the panic of battle.  Or you can log it with the wrong band or
mode, change your prefs, then change the QSO, something else that's easy
to forget to do.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us