>Kostas,
>
>I am not sure if your suggestion will work.  Many of my CW QSOs
>prior to 1975 were submitted for DXCC Mixed and Band awards.  When I
>view the Summary report for DXCC I want to see how I stand relative
>to all of the modes and bands.  Making a selection that excludes
>some QSOs will not make this report accurate.  Also every time I
>attempt to make a submission for DXCC, I have to export the report
>and delete all of the CW QSOs prior to 1975.  Again, when I make a
>submission I need to see all of my QSOs since 1967 in order for the
>report to be accurate.  The better solution is for the program to
>automatically filter CW QSOs prior to 1975 -- like the other leading
>logging programs.  I have asked Paul several times for this fix, and
>he even admitted at Dayton a couple of years ago that it needed to
>be done.  I realize that not too many of us go back beyond 1975 --
>it would just help us old timers.
>
>Dave, N4QS

Precisely. If the program can figure out from the Country file which
entity a given call is based on date, I'm not sure I understand why
it can't be made to figure out whether a CW QSO is eligible for DXCC
credit by just checking the date. I use precisely the workaround
Kostas suggests now, and it's a real pain to keep getting those nice
DXCC Summary reports that are completely accurate EXCEPT for CW. I've
got lots of old CW QSOs in my log going back to around 1965, and some
of them have already been credited for Mixed by ARRL. It's extremely
awkward to have to filter the log every time I check my master DXCC
status spreadsheet against my DX4WIN log.

73...
Randy, W8FN