re 1... does it happen if you try to access help immediately after
opening DX4Win?  There is a bug where DX4Win looks for help in the wrong
place. I've noticed it happens when you use the common dialog editor to
access a log file. I think D4W is looking in the current directory
instead of the application directory.

2 and 3: go to www.adif.org for an explanation of ADIF. Unfortunately
D4W is still using ADIF ver 1.

Card confirmed contacts should export "<qsl_rcvd:1>y ". It works fine here.