Ciao Mel.
No, i did not asked to Simon.
HRD is going to implement a fine Log with the 5.0 release and I think he
should...or would be not so interested in interfacing to thirdy party
logging software.
We have to keep in mind that HRD is free while Dx4Win is not.
The com emulator is something, I think, I have to ask to Paul.
It is dx4win that can't compete with HRD for CAT. HRD respect the log is
much more further.
And I think we are talking about software. So I can imagine that with some
hardware interface problems should be solved but, because something  can be
done on the software as well, here is my request.

About HRD log...well I imported my 36000 qsos and was not so slow. What
impressed to me is that all the time I ad one qso it takes so much time
that, if I am a runner on some frequency, I certainly run faster than my
log!
After all I can confirm that dx4win is just the best software logging
software. Because I use it since 1.07 release (December 1997) I would like
to see as better as it can and I do not want to miss it due the CAT problems
But year after year...new radio after new radio, can be clear that the
problem is getting better. Today most of the home Ham radio stations are
built if not on a computer base...around a computer and all new rigs have
simpler connectivity.

73 de Tibor, IK2SAI