This likely isn't a bug, but is something to be aware of.

Yesterday upon exiting DX4WIN 8.02 and answering "yes" to the "Log
Modified, Do You Want to Save" dialog box, I received the error message
that I was using an unlicensed demo version and the log couldn't be
saved.  Very stupidly thinking it meant nothing because I knew it was
licensed, my finger reflex hit the exit button and zap...the day's QSO's
were gone.

The only thing odd about this logging session was that it began with me
double-clicking a DX4WIN shortcut icon in my quick-start bar (which
should have been single-clicked) and two DX4WIN sessions tried to open
at the same time.  One failed (giving an error message) and I exited.
The other one started successfully so I simply left that one running and
used it.

Assuming this was the cause of the "unlicensed demo version" warning, I
have some suggestions:
1. If you are a habitual double-clicker, eliminate your quick-start
single-click shortcuts.
2. If you accidently start two sessions simultaneously, exit BOTH and
start again.  Then test the session you are using to make sure it
recognizes your license.
3. If your computer tells you something, LISTEN!  Just because YOU know
something doesn't mean your computer does!
4. If you get the "demo version, can't save log" message, don't ignore
it...make a hard copy of your changes before exiting, either by
capturing a screen dump or by printing the modified portion of your log
(if the program lets you).

5.  If you contacted KTØK on late 18 October thru early 19 October UTC,
drop me an email with the QSO info!!

Greg KTØK