Guy,

I tried this but it didn't work, even with the initial "clean" setup. I
get the exact same issue.

The one thing that I noticed (that should have no effect but I will
mention it) is that at first start, I get an error about D4W being
unable to load the LPT drivers. This only happens the first time I start
it, but since I don't use the LPT port it's not an issue for me.

I will attempt to install a completely fresh copy in another directory
on my computer and see if that makes a difference.

        David, K2DBK
        http://k2dbk.blogspot.com
        http://k2dbk.com
        twitter: @k2dbk