Hi Randy and others,
To make a hardware box that switches between lets say 4 radio´s Isn´t a big
problem,
making a PCB for it is also easy done If Paul provides a second output pin
on LPT port,

BUT is it worth doing it for a LPT port ?

- No contest-program are offering it now, and maybe never will
- Let say you have to select the 3th radio for a contest you have to rewire
your station......
- Laptops, netbooks and many brand PC´s don´t have LPT ports anymore
- In PC´s you can put a PCI or PCIEX board if you find still full wired
ports at a good price
- BTW USB to LPT adapters are not working, We even bought some that claimed
to do it all
  but had to send them back, (printing was ok but assigning a cmd to a
dedicated pin was out of the question)

I would go for a serial port (USB to SERIAL adapter works perfect and can go
upto com255) It will
need some user setup, for example RTS=0 & DTR=0 > Radio 1 RTS=0 & DTR=1 >
Radio 2
RTS=1 & DTR=1 > Radio 3
RTS=1 & DTR=0 > Radio 4
(If a 3th line is assigned you can have 8 radio´s) I think this is much
easier for other programmers (contest software) to implement another serial
with this function for more then 2 radio´s

If you still wanna use LPT pin14 for switching between radio1 and radio2 it
all depends Now on who is set up for radio1 and radio2 (User input), but LPT
pin14 (and if needed another one) could also be assigned to a serial pin You
only need to lower the voltage from 12V to 5V (can be done with zener diode)
To switch SO2R hardware.

Guy ON4AOI