Yup, DX4WIN is connecting to 'localhost:7300' and that's what's dropping
after a day or so. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to it,
unfortunately. (If it happened every 12 hours or something I'd suspect my
antivirus, for example.)

I've moved it from 'localhost:' to '1.2.3.4:7300' using the system's local
IP. If that doesn't make it better, I'll move CC User to a different
computer to see if it gets any better.
It is pretty strange - this same setup used to be as solid as a rock, which
is why it's not likely to be DX4WIN's fault.

As far as other comments go - I'm not telling DX4WIN to connect directly to
a cluster node. If you're doing that and it's periodically disconnecting
you, that could be caused by your Internet router or just because the
Internet burped. You can try turning on the keepalive that Jim referred to,
or do what I do and install VE7CC's CC User since it manages the cluster
connection for me. If the node drops me or the Internet breaks, CC User will
reconnect when the node comes back.
73,
    -Rick

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA