From: Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:47 AM
To: Sam Leslie -- W4PK
Cc: j...@k9jm.com ; dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] DX4WIN and Icon IC PW-1 data clashes

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Sam Leslie -- W4PK <w...@arrl.net> wrote:

> I am happy to report that Jim's CIV router now works with DX4WIN!!!
>
> It turned out that DX4WIN expects to see an echo of its commands whereas
> N1MM and other logging programs do not.  It was a simple matter for Jim to
> enable echoing and he has already implemented that change into his
> software.

I'm curious, is "Jim's CIV router" a piece of software that sits
between the hardware and DX4WIN?  Is it something that anyone can
install?  I wasn't clear from either description.

Maybe someone can write up an application note on how to use all four
together:

- DX4WIN
- ICOM radio
- PW1 amplifier
- router software

I'll happily re-format it and post it on my DX4WIN support site.

Note that K8UT wrote up a long note about the ICOM protocol, see:

    http://www.k8ut.com/tiki-listpages.php

I don't know if Jim saw this beforehand.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us