Larry,

On 2/28/2012 10:28 AM, Larry Gauthier (K8UT) wrote:

 > You raise a very good point. K9JM's new gadget is not the only option
 > for safe operation of a PW1.

Not that I'm complaining but K9JM obviously did not look very hard for
alternatives since band decoders which included the CI-V regeneration
capability have been available from microHAM for 10 years.   Station
Master - which meets his criteria exactly - has been available for more
than three.  Not only that, the microHAM product works with any serial
control (Elecraft, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, or Yaesu) format.

It is certainly gratifying to see someone else validating the microHAM
approach even if the device has minimal capabilities beyond its role as
a CT-17 replacement for use with Icom transceivers and PW-1.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV