The second point seems hard to believe. ‘Not currently issued’ is not the same
as ‘not authorized by the ITU’. AC9 and AC0 are both valid standard United
States prefixes (not special issues).  So they shouldn’t go to the deleted pile.

And, a quick scan of QRZ shows many current AC9’s & 0’s. I’m sure most have
been continuously allocated since 1979 (when the FCC started issuing 2x1s).

Len K1NU