hey Mike, mine was set at 6 to I bumped it up to 10... DTR HIGH not checked, RTS HIGH checked. The microHam router sets the ports for the software to talk with the computer and radio both with DX4WIN and Writelog.... ports are set for radio freq and mode and also for CW sending and RTTY thru MMTTY... this all worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago.... usually I blame WIN 10 updates for any strange happenings but haven't had one of those for a couple of weeks! Thanks 73's Cort K4WI

Mike Cizek W0VTT <mailto:mgci...@gmail.com>
Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:12 PM
Hello Courtney,

You might try increasing the number of tries before dx4win times out:
File> Preferences > Radio: Max Tries=? I just looked and mine is set at 2,
which is probably the default. That seems pretty low. Also, is the
computer talking to dx4win through the Microham router? Could that be part
of the problem? I never had any Microham stuff so don't know how they work,
but think one of their guys reads this list and may be able to comment.

Mike Cizek W0VTT

-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Courtney Judd
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:04
To: LARRY MALLEK; Dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] problem

thanks Larry, yes, that is the way I always start up in the morning....
computer on first... loads up and running, then I turn on the radio and
out board items, then open either DX4WIN or Writelog .... shut down the
opposite nite time. When I get a time out event, if I close DX4WIN and
re-open all works for a while but eventually it times out. Wierd part is
Writelog, microHam router, radio/amp and computer no problem. Thinking
about doing a re-install of DX4WIN 9.0.9 but I always get extremely
nervous when messing around with software.... usually a cussing fit
going to happen somewhere .... then the wifie tells me I should have
known better! .... hopefully this thing will self correct but who am I
kidding? lol, 73's Cort K4WI